{Please note that ALL photographs on this blog are from Studio LRT taken by Linda Talley are protected by U.S. Copyright Laws and may NOT be reproduced an ANY manner.}

Friday, August 6, 2010

Nick's 1st day of Kindergarten!

Today my youngest started Kindergarten and all I could think about was the day I brought him home from the hospital and thinking this day was so far off. These past 5 years seem to have flown by and this day has snuck up on me so fast! I can't believe that this is our next faze in our lives and all I want to do is hold him wrapped up in a blanket again and hold on to him so tight. He is a big boy now and was very excited to start school. He never shed a tear and although, I am grateful he didn't..... I shed enough tears for the both of us and they were tears of joy and sadness. Joy-for the happiness and fun and relationships he will build. Sadness- for me, he isn't so little anymore and as I held his hand walking into to school today...I realized I didn't have my Mom to call and reassure me that this was one of those milestones that your child reaches and whether I am ready or not....He is! I know she is watching over him today and giving him the confidence and security she gave me that 1st day of school.
Nicky, I want you to know that you have become such a sweet and caring little boy and we love you so much! I am so proud of the little boy you have become! Happy Kindergarten Day!
Love,
Mommy



No comments: